CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Do you have a TESTY??

I'm a member at Briar Hill Baptist Church in Florence and we have discipleship training classes on Sunday nights at 5:00. My mother in law Lola is teaching one right now by Beth Moore called Loving Well. Mrs. Lola has a thing called Sand Paper people...this means you have people in your life that are different grades of sand paper and they rub you depending on the grade of there sand paper. Well in this study Beth Moore talks about 4 kinds of people in your life. 1 is the people who are a Joy in your life, 2 is the people who are your testy people in your life, 3 are your foes, and 4 is your fars. In the video Beth has 4 chairs sitting on the stage and on the backs of the chairs 1 of these 4 kinds of people is taped to the chair. She says picture the people in your life who are a Joy, Testy, Foe, or Far, and put them in those chairs. Sit them right up on the stage in your mind.

Well at the moment i kinda thought of a few people to place in certain chairs ya know my Husband, my Rachie, Mrs. Lola, several people at church they were in my Joy chair, my Foe chair i had my parents, some people i used to go to school with with that we fought all the time, my Far chair i couldn't really picture anyone there, BUT my Testy chair....OMG there are so many people in that chair they are fighting for the seat!! Testy people are the kinds of people whom they are all about them. The only time they stop to let you talk is if you are gonna talk about them, they know it all, have seen it all, have done it all, own two of everything, if they ask you a question its about them...get the picture its all about ME ME ME ME. Well i have some Testy people in my life, and I'm thinking like Beth i just need to put all my Testy people in one room and let them just kill each other. No i don't literally mean that although sometimes i want to injure my Testy people in my life. I just don't get how some people have to have the attention from everyone at every minute of every day!! I kinda just like to lay low. I guess I'm a watcher. I like to sit back and watch people, figure there personality out, get that first impression, analyze the way they stand, or if they talk with there hands, if they hold there mouth a certain way when they say things, or if they look you in the eye when they tell you things. I couldn't imagine having to have everything about me i think i would get bored with myself. I just wonder if people like Testy ever stop and think of how selfish they are. I would feel horrible.

Another thing that just erks me is when you are talking to someone even if its just simply telling them something that isn't important and you can be right smack in the middle of saying something and they cut you off and start talking about something that has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about but it sure does have something to do with them so they want to talk about it, or them talk you listen. I get so short and frustrated with this and then my whole day is ruined and its like OK come on Nichole be a big girl and just let it roll off. Its so hard to let things roll off though, but I'm told by so many people that i have a rotten attitude you would think i needed to start taking my own advice! Lets just turn this blog into a complaining session why not ya know its mine so i can do anything with it.

I know that i have absolutely no patience OK I'm not in denial i know that, but what people don't realize is that i have selective patience. What is that you ask??? Well SP is when i have patience with people that honestly just don't know, they try so hard but they just don't get it..that isn't there fault i know they cant help that so i try to go the extra mile for those people, but i do not have patience with people that do not in any way try...these are the people that they have something better to do than to just pay attention or learn or listen...these people erk me highly. So i know i don't have patience sometimes so everyone out there that thinks they need to have a Dr Phil sit down with me to tell me and others I'm not a patient person I KNOW OK and I'm not patient with you because your trying to point stuff out about me instead of worrying about yourself! I don't need Dr Phil or you to tell me what is wrong with me i can handle my own OK. Oooo i feel a little better after letting that out actually let me go on... So if your sitting at home right now reading my blog and you just got the smallest ink-ling of an idea i might be talking about you i just might be, so next time you think you need to tell me I'm a mean person, I'm short with you, i don't have patience, i have a temper, I'm always angry, I'm not tactful, or anything else that you would like to say negative about me maybe you should just say "ya know I'm here if you wanna talk, or hope your having a good day, or can i help you with anything, or love ya". I never knew this blog would be such a counseling session but it helps!Some people should stop and think before they speak, stop and look at the situation.

Just think before you start trying to tell someone how they should do things in there life, some people that try to tell others the things that they need to change would notice change needed in their lives if they stepped back and took a look. Ya know i asked a friend of mine yesterday to help me. I told her that i have got a problem stopping myself from saying curse words. She asked me what i attributed it to, and i told her i did it mostly if i was with certain friends and when i got mad. She told me to write down a verse she thoughts was from James "Be quick to hear, slow to speak , and slow to anger" that verse might be one that these people could take into consideration. Be slow to speak, and be quick to hear some people just need someone to listen they dont need advice. You might have the best advice for them but they just need you to be there, and be slow to point out all the bad things about them. Maybe you should tell them (me) something positive sometimes!
Love ya Chole

2 comments:

Me said...

Well.. That blog just really hit home.. It may not of just been directed right at me, but i realize that i do some of those things that you talked about.. Im here if you ever need an ear.. You are a wonderful person...

desiree said...

i agree i hate it when you are talkin to someone and they all of a sudden start talkin about somethin else, and also when ur talkin to someone people butt in and intrupt that is rude