CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Fireman's Wife







Scott and i have been together going on 7 years this coming June and we have been married 3 of those in June. When Scott and i started dating i was a Volunteer Firefighter with Florence Vol. FD and Scott was a Volunteer Firefighter with Monterey Vol. FD. We met while i was going thru the Fire Academy. I had class with his best friend Josh and he told me he had me a good guy. We finally broke down one night and called his house around 8pm one night after class and Scott's mom Lola answered and said he was asleep! Ha i knew at that moment this would be exciting!! We ended up meeting and talking and one night he said "your my girlfriend right?" and we have been together thru ups and downs ever since! What a whirlwind romance huh? Well i loved Scott with all my heart (and i still do I'm just telling about then OK!) he worked for the Street Department for the big City of Richland. Scott had always wanted to Teach and Coach and that just didn't seem to work out that way. Scott had been on the Vol. FD for quite a while and he loved it..he could pass on the gross gory stuff and the birthing of babies in the back seat of cars, but he had such a strong passion to fight a house fire and extricate people from car wrecks, or just a small grass fire. Scott heard of a opening with the Fire Department in Richland and he applied and low and behold he got the job! He was so excited and he still is. The way he feels about his job is the way everyone wishes to feel. He loves going to work. Don't get me wrong there are the ups and downs of it but for the actual work part he loves it.

The picture above is from Scott's 1001 graduation from the Ms State Fire Academy. I cant remember the date, but i do remember it being one of the happiest days of his life. I was so proud of him watching him walk across that stage. Don't get me wrong it was a hard time while he was in the class but for the most part it was wonderful.
Well just to let everyone out there who is wondering know.......yes firemen are HOT or at least my husband is cause i have seen some ummmm not so great looking ones, but who's looking anyways i didn't Rachie told me ya know! All seriousness though it is a challenge being married to a Fireman. The worst part is the loneliness...its hard being alone the majority of the time. Even though they only work about 10 days a month it feels like so much more. Scott works 1 on 2 off and it is a 24 hour shift so like today he went in at 7am he doesn't come home till 7am tomorrow! It is nice because they get to sleep, eat, shower, watch TV, play video games, go to Wal-Mart, read the paper, play on the Internet, talk to each other, they can have visitors, and they go places like to ball games on Friday nights or to AARP meetings on Monday nights to take BP's for the old people, and stuff like that.
When we got married i realized how lonely it was some nights by myself, granted i had lived in my house for like almost 2 years probably before we got married but then i would come home from work and go straight to my room shut and lock the door and i didn't come out until morning when i had to get ready for work. Scott and i had talked about maybe getting a dog and i was shopping at Wal-Mart one day and this little, sweet, old man was selling Rat Terriers. I drove over and was looking at them and started to tell the little old sweet man my story i was married he was a fireman i was lonely blah blah blah...well lets just say the sweet little old man saw either stupid, gullible, or moron or something was written all across my forehead cause he fed my the longest line of bull EVER!!! He said oh they are wonderful with children, they are easy to house train, they love their masters, they cuddle, they are lap dogs, they aren't hyper, they are so calm, and sweet and loving, and light tempered, and blah blah blah....well needless to say i went straight over to the bank drew out the money and came right back picked my Innocent, sweet, calm, loving little doggie up and took it to the FD to show Scott.........well he wasn't very excited at first but she kinda grew on him. Over the next several days i was so worried she wouldn't eat, sleep, poop, pee or nothing!! Then all of a sudden she realized that the warranty had expired and she couldn't be returned so the horns came out!! She peed everywhere, poop was everywhere, oh and did she eat just so she could poop some more, then she became tempermental...she didn't want anyone in her space or touching her, and she didn't like kids! Maddie is almost 3 years old now and guess what NOTHING has changed!!! Scott is absolutely fed up with her! I wish i could find that little old man oh would i give him a piece of my mind!!
Needless to say being a Fireman's Wife there is never a dull moment.....Kinda like when Scott had his initiation at the 4Th of July party. He was told he had to dance for his initiation...he tried to get me to go with him but i knew better. They played something like Mustang Sally and he cranked his lawn mower and went to mowin!! We laughed so hard and for so long i thought we would have to be transported to the hospital...or the time he was going through EMT school and they got to the OB part of the class.......he came home every day green and i mean he was green if you have never seen someone truly turn green show him some of that stuff! Later on i went to EMT school and had to watch the same videos and i saw real quick why he was green. I had never been so embarrassed and grossed out.... YUCK they showed the nastiest deliveries ever! Don't get me wrong I'm a tough girl and i have been in the delivery room with at least 2 of my nieces that i remember so i don't turn color easily but OMG it was bad! If you don't believe me go to EMT school at Hinds CC with David Hall...you will see those same movies PROMISE!
Well have to save some excitement for later! Oh and be looking for a Blog I'm working on...Its gonna be great!!! Called The 5 of us: 2 walkers, 2 wheelchairs and a Cadillac!
Love ya Chole

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You and your husband look so sweet and happy!

Thank you for your nice note on my blog. I'm going to save that one; you made my day. :)

desiree said...

does scott still dis like the dog?